Pay and Benefits
A complete salary schedule can be located here: Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office Salary Schedule
For civilian positions, please visit our department website.
Available Incentive Pay:
Each employee must meet annual proficiency and training standards and have the appropriate time in grade in order to advance in base salary. Each employee eligible to receive the education/training incentive pay may receive the following if qualified (peace officers and communications officers):
Retirement & Benefits:
- Each employee is provided "Base" life, medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage at no cost. Dependents can be added at an additional cost.
- Additional coverage available at an added expense to the employee.
- Paid vacation and sick time is accrued in accordance to Harris County policy.
- All employees are enrolled in the Harris County retirement plan (Texas County and District Retirement System). Each employee contributes 7% of their base pay. Retirement is allowed under the “rule of 80” (when the years of service plus your age equal 80).
- Harris County matches employee retirement contributions 225%.
- Harris County also offers employees a choice of three optional deferred compensation "457" savings/investment plans in which employees may participate on a voluntary basis.